Friday, September 18, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

Many years ago, I was sitting by this very peaceful stream playing a quite meditative guitar improvisation.

Somewhere into this particular 'communion with nature', I was joined
by a small group of teenagers. "Far out dude...mind if we hang out and listen". The six pack of beer they carried told me right away that they were surely in a mind space for quiet listening and deep introspection, so I welcomed them to the log that had become my perch.

Well sure enough, shortly thereafter the party began and my guitar meditation was soon accompanied by the banter of several slightly buzzed teenagers.

But as I had suspected, it did not take very long for them to succeed in their primary task which was to consume the six pack. And then they were on their way with many compliments to my music soundtrack to there reveries.

As I once again found myself listening to the gentle rippling of the stream, I thought to myself, that was similar to the thunderstorms we had in Virginia where I grew up...full of energy and passing rather quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment